Sunday, August 8, 2010

FAITHFULNESS TO YOUR VALUES

TAMIKA CATCHINGS: "I've played all over the world in many different countries and with many different teams. When I leave those places, I don't know if I'll ever see those people again. So I want them to remember that I had a certain kind of strength about me and that I lived by my Christian principles. Whether I'm playing in Korea, Russia, Turkey or right here in the United State, my faithfulness to my values boils down to one huge question pose by Coach Wooden: Will I compromise my integrity when temptation is great?"

COACH WOODEN: "Loyalty is the foundational quality that gets us through hard times. Will we compromise our integrity when temptation is great? Or will we remain loyal to our beliefs and core values? I wanted my players to become people of integrity. When we have integrity, we are not going to do anything that will be demeaning to anybody else, either on or off the court. And with integrity, we will never consider letting our teammates down."

From "The Greatest Coach Ever" by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes