· Enhanced optimism and positive expectation.
· High positive energy.
· Higher levels of confidence: you are likely to trust yourself, not thinking too much or giving too much effort.
· Better concentration.
· Better decisions: viewing possibilities instead of obstacles.
· Better learning.
· Greater determination and commitment, with a “can-do attitude” and a refusal to give up easily.
· Greater happiness and peace of mind.
· Enhanced perseverance.
· A greater willingness to accept challenges.
From "Mental Toughness: Baseball’s Winning Edge" by Karl Kuehl, John Kuehl, and Casey Tefertiller