Monday, August 9, 2010

TALENT IS NOT ENOUGH

Terrell Owens made the following comment this past week on why he is no longer with the Dallas Cowboys:

"By no means do I feel that I left that team because of talent. Obviously, there have to be some other factors."

Really? You think? It is incredible that an athlete of his special athletic gifts has been unable to master the other parts of his game like attitude and teamwork. He is a living example of the theory that those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

Without question he has made a great deal of money and compiled some strong numbers but will he be satisfied years from now with his true legacy.

He could benefit from reading John Maxwell's "Talent Is Not Enough." The follow quote lends one to believe he is not learned the necessary lessons yet:

"Again, I still stand by the things that I said and what was done," said Owens. "I know that honestly it wasn't my fault."

JOHN MAXWELL: "But truth be told, being a winner, in the purest sense of the word, has nothing to do with your performance, your salary, or your earning potential. It has to do with your value and whether or not you have owned it."