Sunday, December 6, 2009

JOHN WALL: "WANT TO BE KNOWN AS A GOOD PERSON TOO"


“It’s nice to be known as a good player.
But I want to be known as a good person, too.”
-Kentucky star John Wall-

During the summer, he achieved a 4.0 grade-point average – mainly, he says, because he made it a point to sit in the front row of each class. “Some of the best advice I ever got,” Wall says. “If you sit in the back, you can laugh and get away with anything. But if you’re in the front, you have to pay attention.” When he’s out in public, Wall says he never lets his pants sag below his waist, and he has no plans to regrow the braids his AAU coach made him shave when he was 14. Wall doesn’t have any tattoos. “I’m not trying to put down the people that have them,” Wall says. “But for me right now, it’s all about image. You can’t walk around looking like a thug. There are kids out there looking up to me. I’ve got to set a good example.” Yahoo! Sports (via Coach Eric Musselman)