Characteristics of a Catalyst:
1. Intuitive: A catalyst senses an opportunity.
4. Talented: Talent knows what it takes to win. You can’t take the team to the next level when you haven’t mastered the skills it takes to succeed on a personal level.
5. Creative: Catalysts think things that others do not think. “Creativity involves taking what you have, where you are, and getting the most out of it.” -Carl Mays
6. Initiating: While all creative people have more than enough ideas, not all of them are good at implementing those creative thoughts.
7. Responsible: “If it’s to be, it’s up to me.” -Truett Cathy, founder of Chick-Fil-A
8. Generous: Catalysts give things that others don’t give. A true mark of people’s taking responsibility is their willingness to give of themselves to carry something through. They are prepared to use their resources to better the team, whether that means giving time, spending money, or sacrificing personal gain.
From "The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork" by John C. Maxwell