Tuesday, June 1, 2010

THE MEASURE OF A TEAM PLAYER

The following comes from John Maxwell's "Go For Gold" and speaks to being the type of player that cares deeply about your teammates and the mission of your team.

Bill Russell observed, "The most important measure of how good a game I played was how much better I'd made teammates play."

Do you consider yourself to be a team player? Answer each of the following questions to see where you stand when it comes to promoting the good of the team:

1. Do I add value to others?

2. Do I add value to the organization?

3. Am I quick to give away the credit when things go right?

4. Do I use my "bench" players as much as I could?

5. Do many people on my team consistently make important decisions?

6. Is our team's emphasis on creating victories more than producing stars?