Wednesday, October 10, 2012

ASK WHY, NOT WHO

The following comes from "Go For Gold" by John Maxwell:

The next time you experience a failure, think about why you failed instead of who was at fault. Analyze any failure:


What lessons have I learned?

Am I grateful for this experience?

How can I turn the failure into success?

Practically speaking, where do I go from here?

Who else has failed in this way before, and how can that person help me?

How can my experience help others someday to keep from failing?

Did I fail because of another person, because of my situation, or because of myself?

Did I actually fail, or did I fall short of an unrealistically high standard?

Where did I succeed as well as fail?

"Be the first to take responsibility for finding
answers when things go wrong for your team."
-John Maxwell-