* Surround yourself with people who make you a better person, who challenge you by their expectations.
* Don't believe the lie that character and courage only count between the lines on the court. They count in everything you do.
* Never forget the lasting power of poor judgment and the awful power of drugs and alcohol to mess up your life and your opportunities.
* Never underestimate your ability to control your own self-image,and to crush the stereotypes that people might have about you.
* Don't be misled about the real reason you are in school. Your education is the key to success in life--never forget that.